Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Stealing Images

As some of you may know, this week has been very stressful for me. I was informed a few days ago that one of MY images of MY daughter Kinley was being used on Esty.com. I made her a scarecrow costume for Halloween in 2008. The picture was of her wearing the costume on a trial run to make sure everything was going to work properly.
Anyway.....apparently someone STOLE the image, cropped my logo off and was using it as their own creation. Not only were they claiming the costume, but also the image and Kinley as their own.
There are some CRAZY people in this world and its got me a bit on edge. There is NO telling where this person is from or what they are capable of.....
Just because an image is on the web, doesnt mean you can do with it what you please.
I contacted several lawyers and they all said I did have a case...IF i had the thousands it would cost to file in a Federal Court and Hopefully FIND this person.
I had to send Etsy.com MANY items to prove it was my image. You have to follow their policies and man was it a bunch of crap.
As of now, my image is no longer on her store page but i want her Etsy shop CLOSED DOWN.......

0 comments:

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs